Answered By: Jim Shaw
Last Updated: May 06, 2015     Views: 13

Please see the attached article from the Omaha World Herald, published in October 2012, describing the University of Nebraska's designation as a "University Affiliated Research Center" by the U.S. Strategic Command.  The associated contract(s) may encompass units on any or all the campuses.  The Peter Kiewit Institute is noted as having faculty working in pertinent areas.

Also, please see the attachment showing a search page from, the Federal government's web database that provides access to information about contract awards.  I searched directly for the Peter Kiewit Institute but retrieved only four records, all describing contracts related to the concrete engineering program.  I then expanded the search to the  "University of Nebraska," filtered for the Department of Defense, and sorted the results by date.  This retrieved records for over 800 contracts.  Multiple units may work under the umbrella of a single contract, so you may want to browse through these records to indentify any of particular interest to you.  The search page in the attachment demonstrates how I entered the search.


James Shaw, Government Documents Librarian, Criss Library, UNO;

Related Topics