Answered By: Katie Bishop
Last Updated: May 06, 2015     Views: 21

Hi Latifa,

There are several entries in the Dictionary of Art about the Berlin Painter, amphora, and Ancient Greek vase painting. These are the terms you should be using to search your topic.

The Dictionary of Art is located in the Reference section on the main floor of the library, (call number N31 .D5 1996). You will need to use the index to look up Berlin Painter and amphora (and Vase painting too if you like) and then use the volume and page number in the index to find the correct pages. If you need help with this let me know and we can set up an appointment.

I also searched the catalog for the Berlin Painter and found that the library also a book The Berlin Painter (call number NK4645 .K85 1983, located on the third floor) and another called The art of vase-painting in classical Athens (call number NK4645 .R7 1992 also on third) with a chapter on the Berlin Painter.

You might also try some catalog searches for greek vase painting for more information.

Let me know if that answers your question.

Katie (

Related Topics